2015 DALLAS COWBOYS DRAFT | NFL DRAFT 2015
2015 Dallas Cowboys Draft audio archives:
05/02/2015 | Post Pick Presser 3 | Jerry Jones, Jason Garrett, and Stephen Jones meet with the media after the conclusion of the 2015 NFL Draft to discuss their round 4-7 picks and address questions from the media. (Listen/Download)
- 05/02/2015 | Defensive Coordinator Rod Marinelli | (Listen/Download)
- 05/02/2015 | Secret Call: Ryan Russell | Meet new defensive end Russell (Listen/Download)
- 05/02/2015 | Exclusive Interview with Ryan Russell & DL Coach Ben Bloom | (Listen/Download)
- 05/02/2015 | Secret Call: Damien Wilson | The Cowboys call emotionally overwhelmed Damien Wilson (Listen/Download)
- 05/02/2015 | Linebackers Coach Matt Eberflus | Joins the Draft Show to discuss Damien Wilson. (Listen/Download)
- 05/02/2015 | Exclusive Interview with Damien Wilson | LB Damien Wilson joins LIVE Draft Show. (Listen/Download)
- 05/01/2015 | Secret Call: Chaz Green | The Cowboys call Chaz Green (Listen/Download)
- 05/01/2015 | Offensive Line Coach Frank Pollock | Pollock discusses 3rd round pick OT Chaz Green. (Listen/Download)
- 05/01/2015 | Exclusive Interview with Chaz Green | Chaz Green joins the LIVE Draft Show (Listen/Download)
05/01/2015 | Post Pick Presser 2 | Press Conference following the Randy Gregory and Chaz Green picks on Day 2 – Jerry Jones, Jason Garrett, and Stephen Jones meet with the media following the first round of the 2015 NFL Draft. (Listen/Download)
- 05/01/2015 | Exclusive Interview with Randy Gregory | Randy Gregory joins LIVE Draft Show (Listen/Download)
- 05/01/2015 | Secret Call: Randy Gregory | DE Randy Gregory gets the call from the Dallas Cowboys (Listen/Download)
- 04/30/2015 | Secret Call: Byron Jones | DB Byron Jones gets the call from the Dallas Cowboys (Listen/Download)
- 04/30/2015 | Secondary Coach Jerome Henderson | Henderson joins the Dallas Cowboys Draft Show (Listen/Download)
- 04/30/2015 | Exclusive Interview with Byron Jones | Byron Jones joins the Dallas Cowboys LIVE Draft Show (Listen/Download)
04/30/2015 | Post Pick Presser 1 | Press Conference following Byron Jones pick – Jerry Jones, Jason Garrett, and Stephen Jones meet with the media following the first round of the 2015 NFL Draft. (Listen/Download)
04/28/2015 | Dallas Cowboys Pre-Draft Press Conference | Jerry Jones, Stephen Jones, and Jason Garrett press conference prior to Thursday’s kickoff of the 2015 NFL Draft. (Listen/Download)
Your Dallas Cowboys had seven selections in the 2015 NFL draft, which was held April 30 to May 2 in Chicago. Here’s the breakdown:
- First round: 27th overall (CB Byron Jones)
- Second round: 60th overall (DE Randy Gregory)
- Third round: 91st overall (OT Chaz Green)
- Fourth round: 127th overall (LB Damien Wilson)
- Fifth round: 163rd overall (DE Ryan Russell)
- Sixth round: 204th overall, traded to BAL for *LB Rolando McClain and BAL #243
- Seventh round: 236th overall, from SD for **DT Sean Lissemore (OLB Mark Nzeocha)
- Seventh round: 243rd overall, from BAL for *Rolando McClain (OT Laurence Gibson)
- Seventh round: 244rd overall, traded to IND for ***DE Caesar Rayford
- Seventh round: 246th overall, traded 2016 Sixth round pick to IND (TE Geoff Swaim)
* Analysis: McClain was acquired from the Ravens after the Cowboys lost linebacker Sean Lee for the season. The move was considered a gamble at the time, but McClain played a major role in the revitalization of the Dallas Cowboys defense. McClain was a Pro Bowl alternate, and only cost the Cowboys a sixth-round draft pick.
** Analysis: The Dallas Cowboys will finally get to use the draft pick acquired in a trade from September 2013. In two seasons in San Diego, Lissemore has made 10 starts and registered three sacks.
***Analysis: Rayford played in seven games for the Dallas Cowboys in 2013 but was released in August of 2014. After that, he’s had brief stops with two Canadian Football League teams and is now a member of the Arena Football League’s Jacksonville Sharks.
NFL COMPENSATORY PICKS
Under the terms of the NFL’s collective bargaining agreement, the league also can assign as many as 32 additional “compensatory free agent” picks, which allow clubs that have lost free agents to another team to use the draft to try to fill the void. The awarded picks take place at the end of the third through seventh round.
Compensatory free agents are determined by a proprietary formula, developed by the NFL Management Council, which considers a player’s salary, playing time and postseason honors.
The value of the compensatory free agents gained or lost by each team is totaled, and a team is awarded picks of equal value to the net loss of compensatory free agents, up to a maximum of four.
Compensatory picks cannot be traded.
ARCHIVE | 2013 DALLAS COWBOYS DRAFT | NFL DRAFT 2013
ARCHIVE | 2012 DALLAS COWBOYS DRAFT | NFL DRAFT 2012
ARCHIVE | 2011 DALLAS COWBOYS DRAFT | NFL DRAFT 2011