It’s very rare for such a wide array of Dallas Cowboys employees – from sponsorship sales and marketing gurus to legal experts and Dallas Cowboys website reporters – to gather in one room at Valley Ranch, but that’s exactly what happened this morning (Tuesday). They were invited to learn more about the future home – the future headquarters and world-class training facility of the Dallas Cowboys, officially named The Star.
Currently under construction in Frisco, Texas, the new headquarters has the summer 2016 as the targeted move date.
What’s coming to Frisco, Texas is a never-been-done-before partnership between a professional sports team, a city and a school district wherein everybody plays and everybody wins. The 91-acre plot of land will be home to not only the corporate office building and practice fields, but also a state-of-the art dual event center and football stadium, an “entertainment district” lined with restaurants and shops, a hotel, a medical center and more. It will be an incredible resource for the City of Frisco and its residents, for all students of Frisco Independent School District, athletes and non-athletes alike, and for any individual that has ever loved, or even kind of liked, football.
Here’s a break down the highlights:
- The Star’s main attraction will be a 12,000-seat event center with a state-of-the art football stadium inside.
- The corporate headquarters building will house the Dallas Cowboys employee offices, but a significant portion will be leased for other businesses to have office space overlooking the team’s practice field. Never has that been available to anyone or any business before.
- The entertainment district that will run along “Star Boulevard” will be a row of primarily restaurants, but also a fitness center with memberships available to the public and a Cowboys “club” available for business gatherings and other fine dining occasions.
- Tours of The Star will be available to the public, similar to tours that happen now at AT&T Stadium.
- The hotel on site at The Star will be jointly owned and operated by The Omni Hotel.
- Dallas Cowboys culture and history will be woven into The Star throughout, including the high school statistics of famous Cowboys to serve as a nod to varsity athletics.
The Star will be an experience for all who set foot on its grounds. It will be more than just a place to visit. It will embody passion, teamwork and all the other principles that mean football to anybody who’s ever known the game.
Courtesy: 5 Points Blue
About 5 Points Blue: A group of true blue women (89 at last count) that work for America’s Team and love Dallas Cowboys football. They are all moved by different aspects of the game and enjoy them in different ways. 5 Points Blue is a place for fans of every type to share the game, the life, and the love of Dallas Cowboys football through their eyes. To join or for more information, click here.