COWBOYS @ REDSKINS PRIMER: Jason Garrett press conference | 2013-2014 Dallas Cowboys game 15 | Friday
Jason Garrett Press Conference: Cowboys vs. Redskins | Friday Practice (11:39)
- Brandon Carr’s illness and practice outlook
- Who else was sent home because of illness
- Redskins went for 2-point conversion to win last week; preparing for aggressive team
- Is team having to build up players confidence due to recent losses
- What is the mood and atmosphere around Valley Ranch this week
- Brian Orakpo vs.Tyron Smith matchup (Film breakdown on Orakpo)
- Barry Church’s grade in the past month
- How DeVonte Holloman looking so far in practice (as middle linebacker)
- Challenges of using backup players due to injuries of starters
- Is there extra pressure to score on first possession with his defense struggling
- Expectations for Bruce Carter with Sean Lee being out of the lineup this week
- What motivates a team like Washington with a loosing record to win games like these
- Evaluation of Tony Romo’s throws and accuracy during the Green Bay game
- (Reporter from Japan) How do you plan to improve your defense after two losses
- Advantages and disadvantages of running the dime defense vs. Redskins
- Is passing inaccuracy due to now really throwing very many deep passes this season
- Is Romo ranked 19th in pass attempts of 20 yds or longer surprising
- Progress on veteran Michael Spurlock’s practice this week; anticipate help on offense
- Adaption to having a true fullback on the team now
- Has Terrance Williams been around long enough to start with only a few practices
- Description of Alfred Morris’ running style
2013-2014 MEDIA DAY: Dallas Cowboys vs. Washington Redskins | 9:39
2013-2014 MEDIA DAY: Dallas Cowboys vs. Washington Redskins | 8:20
IRVING, Texas – A quick look at new defensive tackle Frank Kearse, who the Dallas Cowboys added to their roster earlier this week.
Frank Kearse: 6-4 | 315 | 5.31 40-yard dash | Alabama A&M.
Has spent time with the Dolphins and Panthers before landing on the practice squad of the Titans this season.
Drafted by the Miami Dolphins in the seventh round of 2011 NFL Draft
Game film studied:
Carolina 2012 season against Miami, Kansas City, Atlanta, San Diego.
Will play as a one-technique in this scheme. Might be better suited to play as an end in a 3-4 but gives you some size inside at the one.
Is not that quick-twitch type of player that Rod Marinelli is accustomed to playing with, but his power is impressive.
Gets more push with power and upper body strength than he does with pass rush moves. Can walk blockers back.
Can be difficult to move at the point of attack at times. Able to hold up against double teams. Observed him holding off blocker with one arm.
Is active when it comes to moving down the line and working toward the ball. Showed some mobility.
Was able to redirect and change directions. Not a stiff moving player. Can play the low block and keep balance.
Had a nice sack against the Falcons where he defeated the double team with power, collapsed the pocket on Matt Ryan.
Was very impressed how he battled Max Unger from the Seahawks. In the plays he had, never allowed him to control him in the running game.
There were some snaps where I thought he could have played better with his hands, and when he didn’t that got him in trouble. Would help him shed blockers better.
NFL Sound FX: Dez Bryant Mic’d Up vs. Green Bay Packers | 5:11
Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant during the Dallas Cowboys 37-26 loss to the Green Bay Packers. Witness, through Bryant’s mic, some of the events that led to the last minute defeat. (Watch this Video)