Dallas Cowboys coach Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference in Oxnard, California. Garrett discussed:
- Anthony Spencer’s upcoming surgery,
- DeMarcus Ware impact with teammates,
- player experimentation with the new Kiffin defense,
- Jason Hatcher fit in the 4-3 scheme,
- Jason Witten leadership,
- Witten fighting through injury early last season,
- Kyle Wilbur transition to defensive end,
- Dez Bryant’s attitude and maturity,
- respect that Dez is drawing from NFL defensive coordinators,
- Bryant’s determination to play with broken finger last season,
- importance of spreading the ball around on offense,
- evaluation and changes related to last season’s outcome,
- rule changes regarding helmet contact,
- Know-and-know-you-know expression,
- creating competitive situations, philosophy,
- embracing change and chemistry regarding new coaches,
- Gavin Escobar key to success,
- inside information on today’s activity from training camp, and
- how the Dallas Cowboys 2013-2014 roster is shaping up.
Note: Today was the first day that players practiced with pads.
If you enjoy this feature, please use the SHARE buttons below! Help us spread the word about The Boys Are Back blog!